One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Sitting on the Edge of Hell

"God, you're my last chance of the day.

I spend the night on my knees before you.

Put me on your salvation agenda;

take notes on the trouble I'm in.

I've had my fill of trouble;

I'm camped on the edge of hell.

I'm written off as a lost cause,

one more statistic, a hopeless case."

- Psalm 88:1-4

This place I am in is the ultimate of earthly loneliness. I am surrounded by more than ever before. But yet, I am lonely. Not one has been in my shoes. Thus, the understanding is only limited to the extent of knowledge and God given sensitivity.

There is One though. One who can reach me. One who can pull me from this place. One who will come to the edge of hell to guide me to a place that is not so hot.

While I'm in this place, I am reminded of a few things. I'm not IN hell. I'm only on the edge. For some reason, or maybe many....God has allowed these things to transpire in my life and the lives of my family. BUT He IS here with us. He has not nor will never leave us in this place alone. Already I have been blessed to feel Him in a new and mysterious way. Only because of where I am is this possible. Would I have chosen this path for myself. NO. But without is I would be so much emptier.

I am lonely. But I am not alone. Many are here, willing to hold my hand as I walk down this uncharted road. And for reasons I may never know this side of heaven, I am sitting on the edge of hell.

"I'm written off as a lost cause, one more statistic, a hopeless case." Thankfully, my God is a loving God. One who comes to the aide of those who are lost. He is not at God of statistics...He just IS. And most importantly, He can take anything that looks hopeless and transform it. Because He is Hope.

I may be sitting on the edge of hell. But with His love I am gaining strength to stand & turn my back to the heat.

No comments: