One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Good Friday's Healing

Jesus bore my sins upon His body on Good Friday. We celebrate this as we get prepared to celebrate Easter in few days.

I am unsure of what is happening in my own body. Cancer has invaded it and the doctors, drugs, my family & friends and myself are trying to get it out! I am at every doctors appointment just anticipating what will come. I have to do everything I can to assure that I am giving it 110% effort to keep on living. I know this horrendous disease does not belong in me.


"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases." - Psalm 103:2-3
Many times I find myself going to this verse. It would be easy to claim His physical healing of my cancer. (Which, by the way, is totally within His abilities!) But I am realizing, as I dig deeper into what Psalm 103 is saying, could be that I may not be healed of my cancer while in my earthly home. It might not happen until I see my Savior face to face.
And ultimately, I have learned that I am already healed....Jesus bore all evil upon His body many years ago. There really is no room in His kingdom for things such as cancer. Nor is there room for it in my body. He is always, ALWAYS for me and never against me. This includes this moment in my life. As I wonder what is happening inside my body, I am reassured that He was there before the Enemy tried to invade. He will forever be inside of me regardless of what my body goes through. He has full control of every cell, each drip on medicine, any growth of disease....He has full control.
So whether I am healed physically or not I am finding peace in knowing that I am already healed by what He did for me thousands of years ago on a wooden cross.

No comments: