One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Psalm 23:4

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." --Psalm 23:4

I have been clinging to the 23rd Psalm for many months now. I have been reading it and quoting it throughout many of my uncertain times. As I am here now in, what should seem, 'the up side' of my journey....I am reflecting on it more as I feel stuck.

Life is so hard. In no way could I compare to the pain that comes with 'death'. But in the ways people respond, it is similar.

Forgotten. Time has passed and others forget. They forget that I am still living this life. Life of pain (again, not to compare in any way to the pain of 'death'.) Daily it is all a struggle.

Tears. Many, many tears. My children shed them. I shed them. And deep inside, I know my husband does too. We all struggle. Every part of the day is hard. There is so much physical 'stuff' that encompasses us. When the majority of the household has 'issues', how are we supposed to cope?

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." --Psalm 23:4

This verse has taken on new meaning to me. (I just love how God can take a 'familiar' verse and use it a whole new way to meet out needs.) I am not supposed to focus all my attention on this dark valley that I am in. I need to see through it. Past all the darkness. I need to look past it and realize there is another side.

This valley full of shadows is a place to just go through....not a place to stay.

It's hard and dark right now, but I am so thankful that my God does not want me to stay here. Not only is He walking beside me. He's ready to lead me out. I need to let go of the reigns and walk on the path He takes. Because the other side will reflect Him.

And He is all that is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God truly has provided a wonderful text for you to "lean" on. Psalm 23 is probably the most recognized and most quoted chapter in the Bible.