One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Control

Oh, how I was blessed on Tuesday. The opportunity arose for me to speak at a mom's bible study. Sharing my journey is always a joy for me. But to do it on a larger scale just about put me over the edge. In a good way :)

I was excited from day one of being asked. Was this from God? Preparing what I would be saying was such a joy. Was this from God? Praying over it all was not encompassed with stress. Was this from God? Getting all the kids ready for school went off without a hitch (not normal for us). Was this from God? I felt comfortable from the moment I got to the church. Was this from God? As I walked to the stage I felt more peace than nerves. Was this from God? As I shared, I say woman mirror my emotions. Was this from God? I was told that it was amazing. Was this from God? I spent my day on a 'high'. Was this from God?

Without a doubt....it is ALL from Him. Only He was glorified that morning. The enemy was not allowed there. He went before me and prepare the way.

"I lead you. The way is clear.
Go forward unafraid. I am beside you.
Listen, listen, listen to My Voice.
My Hand is controlling all."
This was the beginning of my devotion today. Wow!
He leads! As long as I follow Him nothing will cloud it. I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future...and He's right here beside me. It's all about giving Him the reigns completely. He IS controlling ALL!
I've been reflecting and praying about 'speaking'. Sharing my journey is telling a part of His Story. My heart desires so much to glorify Him. I will continue to share my journey. Whether to one person or a room full. I will embrace any opportunity that presents itself to tell of His goodness. It truly is His Story.
Lord,k continue to keep me humble and just a piece of the bigger puzzle that you are putting together. I am only a color in the beautiful rainbow you are painting for all to see. You are all that matters.

No comments: