One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fling It

Have you ever wondered how others are able to 'see' God so clearly? Simple. You have to make the effort. Take the time to go to Him and lay things at His feet.

We only 'grow' our relationships with anyone by making effort. Calling, spending together, leaning on one another, etc are the ways we allow friendships to blossom. As with a parent and a child, we must ask our Daddy for help. I think most of us desire to 'grow' in our relationship with God. But this can only happen if we make conscious efforts to come to Him and lay it all at His feet. Asking Him for help. Telling Him our troubles. Waiting for Him to help us through things. And trusting Him with doing what's right on our behalf.

It's easy in any relationship to reconsider and reassess even after we reach out to someone. And when we deal with God, someone we can't actually see, it becomes very easy to take it back into our own hands. But if we can leave it all with Him and give Him our heart of trust, we can become conscious of His Presence.

I am finding that as I lay things at His feet, I not only 'see' Him, but I am able to be in His Presence more and more. I am able to know that my relationship with Him is blossoming. It's hard. So my prayer is always that I am able to fling it all at His feet.

No comments: