One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Clear Vision

I had the opportunity to share my the journey with someone I just met today. It was so exciting to see how it became all 'new' again. I was able to refresh my mind of all the details. And all I can think about is how people get so engrossed and engaged upon hearing everything that has happened in my life in the past two years.

One of the things I said upon ending was, "It's the journey, not me." And oh how I needed to hear that. With all the junk that's happening to me it is so easy to lose focus. I seem to easily get lost in my own little world, that I forget the One who sustains me in it. I truly, truly cannot understand how He is not seen in all this. But it's true. I know many who are angry with God, proclaim it's easier to just NOT believe and even outright blame Him for everything. I just can't imagine this encircling one's heart. For I see nothing but Him. As the enemy brought on the toughest of battles, my Saviour saved me time and time again from his grasp.

I realize that many of my thoughts seem to be 'typical Christian thinking'. And I am striving for nothing of the sort. 'Authentic' is more what I'm aiming to convey. This journey. This frightful, long, tiring, sweet-filled journey is more than I would ever wish for. But it sure is more than I could hope for. Today I was reminded of that. So tomorrow when I wake up struggling to face the day, I will be thankful that through this journey He is teaching me to see His face more clearly. For without this journey, I would still be looking through smudged lens.

No comments: