One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Update 10/3/08

You know what's hard? Asking for prayer over and over and over again. I realize my journey is a little 'out of the ordinary' and that there are so many who ask continuously how we are doing. Truthfully, it is really hard to keep up with the challenge that God has put before me to be open, honest and vulnerable. I find it much easier to withdraw, put on the happy face and act like nothing's wrong when facing people. But, here I am again. Less than 24 hours from another challenge in our life that I wanted to keep quiet about because it really is easier just not to say anything. Actually, there's a couple, but let's start with the most recent.


Our one working vehicle broke down on the freeway yesterday. Yeah, so we went from 2 to 1 to none. Just a little bit stressed. It is fixable but will be a substantial amount....of which we are trying so hard to put aside for a new truck for him. I am thankful though, that we have had so much 'bigger' things happen in our life....because it's easier to calm myself and keep this all in prospective:).

Without going into many details, please pray for some stuff going on with my body. I tend to stay away from being to graphic. Don't worry, I'm not thinking 'cancer'...just some very uncomfortable side effects. But please pray. There's some extra pain and discomfort. Plus, I'm looking at more test and appointments.


This is a quick one...just really felt the need to let you all know that I am so behind on thank yous, responding to emails and letters. Most of you don't expect me to do all that....but it's something that bugs me everyday. I will get to them, maybe a year later:) although, I sure hope not. I just want to make sure you all know how much I appreciate all the encouragement you still continue to give me. I am so overwhelmed at times by the love and support. Not one thing goes unnoticed. Actually, I think I notice more BECAUSE of all that's happened. I am so thankful for each of you.

Have a great weekend. love, Shannon

PS: For those of you who know us personally...Tala got glasses this week. She looks so cute and loves them. And thankfully, none of the vision issues were due to diabetes affects.

No comments: