One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Psalm 55:4-8

'My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death assail me.' -vs 4
Oh my Lord, how I am consumed. I know now what it means to be in this world not of it. Heaven would be so much more than living within the walls of this attack.

'Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me.'
-vs 5
My whole body seems to be encompassed, slowly being devoured by the enemy. He is using this beast to hold me down as I try to fight against the weight.

'I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest' - vs 6
Father, how I would soar. I would try to reach you way up in the majestic skies...the heavens. I do question if I would go back to my old 'normal'. No. I have 'seen' too much. My new 'normal' hurts more, but it does allow me to be in Your presence more intimately.

'I would flee far away and stay in the desert;' - vs 7
My desert of escape would not be barren. It would display His majesty of colors that only He could bring to such a dry place.

'I would hurry to my place of shelter,far from the tempest and storm.'
- vs 8
My place of escape is often what escapes me. You need to be my place. Only You can keep me from the storm. You will carry me through all of this.

No comments: