One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Update 3/6/08


“I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” –Hebrews 13:5

I have to start by thanking those of you who have been 'by my side' this week with encouragement. Because I have been on my own (Roy's out of town), I have appreciated so much all the wonderful ways you have thought to bring me joy.
I was able to get to the doctor earlier then expected and was able to go over my scans with him. They both appear clear. Although, the bone scan doesn’t thoroughly cover the main area of pain. So we have agreed for 2 more MRIs next week. I will go in for one that covers the entire lower back and one for the right hip. There still is that ‘chance’ of cancer. BUT, without saying it, I know my doctor is leaning more towards it being a possibility of a slipped/herniated disc. It’s funny how this second option in a cancer free world would be devastating. But for me, in this here and now…..I’m thrilled. Yes, my pain is extreme…but I can LIVE with it.
I go in for the scans on Monday and will meet with my doctor by the end of the week. My brain MRI actually looked better than it did 3 months ago. Which means, again, the Gamma Knife was a wise choice. The headaches seem to be pointing to my spine damage. For now though, there’s no way of knowing.
My appointments for the next couple weeks will be easier to meet because my mom will be coming in tomorrow to help out. How blessed am I?!!! I’m not sure who’s more excited, the kids or me.
As you ‘heard’ through my last couple of updates, I seemed to be riding a roller coaster ride with many twists and loopty loops. It’s refreshing that during these times I can always fall back on the promise that He never leaves me, nor forsakes me. He hears my doubts before I voice them, He catches each and every tear that falls and He pulls me to His lap as I struggle to just be at His feet. There is no way that I can say that this is easy. But I am becoming more and more thankful for these lessons that teach me not to get too complacent. Embracing each moment and experience is crucial to understanding our true purpose.
Thank you for your continued prayers & support. You are an important factor in my days and are a crucial part of my story.
Shannon

No comments: