One needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest as to burn away all the impurities. His eyes never leave the precious metal and knows it is refined & finished when He can see His own image in it....May He see His image in me.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Update 3/24/08

“As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.”--Ecclesiastes 11: 5

In the midst of trials we become so lost. But I am so thankful that Someone knows the way out.

Hi everyone
I am so so sorry that it has taken so long for me to update. And what is possessing me to do it now, I don’t know…..

The last you heard is that I was going for more scans and my mom was coming. Well, she got here and we were all enjoying having her and then Takai, Torryn & I were hit with food poisoning. So that was a hit of about 4-5 days. In the middle of all that I DID go for my scans….oh, how fun to be sick while doing all that.

When that all cleared, we enjoyed the last few days with my mom and sent her on her way home. THEN, the very next day (last Thursday) I was hit like a ton a bricks with this awful flu going around. I am still pretty sick. It seems as if every day I develop new symptoms on top of the ones I already have. This thing is incredible. I don’t remember ever being this sick before. And, yes, I know I just dealt with chemo and stuff….but, I’m serious…if you know someone with this flu bug….reach out and help um….cause it has been kicking my bootieJ (Thanks Stacy for helping me out through this)

So the results of my scans…….

EVERYTHING IS CLEAR!!! I basically show the scar tissue from the cancer. (And as explained by my doctor again….the reason I still go for maintenance chemo is because there is no way of knowing if any cancer is hiding dormant within this tissue). But we did find out that my ‘pain’ is valid. I have a ‘compressed’ disc. And surgery is not an option for me because I will probably slowly acquire more ‘problems’ as time goes on. My doc said I probably have shrunk since all this has started. He also got very ‘honest’ with me and told me that when he first saw my xrays way back when…..my entire spine was basically ‘eaten up’ (my words) by the cancer. So for my body to be where it is now is amazing!

So for now, I am trying to look at the bright side. As always….I’m here!! And when I look at the whole picture from a medical standpoint…it just reminds me of the miracles I have been granted. I will learn to deal with this new challenge of pain. As always, I cherish your prayers. Me being here is evidence that they are heard.

Well, my burst of energy has fallen short and I’m beginning to make more typos than normal. I will update more in a couple of days.

Thank you to all of you for continually making it known of your love and support.

In His Grip
Shannon

No comments: